Tuesday 21 June 2011

Father's Day Fun

Sunday 19th July: Ohhhh "Happy Days"... so much for a fatherly one though hehe. For a long time, I had plans ready for my old man for this time of the year. However, my Dad had an unforeseen duty to whisk my Mum and his sister away for the weekend, somewhere around England. Although, he wasn't with me, I still felt the need to celebrate, especially that I was so looking forward to it. My boyfriend & I went ahead with the plans and I'm so glad we did. Spent Sunday afternoon at the Refuel Restaurant at SoHo Hotel. I was recommended this place by a dear friend of mine, as she often dines there for tea. We, however, opted for the lunch menu, just because our tummies were in a deep pull for a packed out meal. Indecisive with the menu as the choices were all really enticing, it took us quite a while. 

Both dived into our salmon ceviche, spring onion, fennel in soy dressing for starters (Salmon has now become a huge favourite for us, too delicious). Followed by a fancy pork dish for Sean and chicken for me, both complete with roast potatoes & vegetables. Now, desserts were an experience in itself. For those sweet toothed people, their sticky toffee pudding was absolutely divine. But I have to give my credits to the Eton Mess that I had which hit every single taste bud possible.





The day did not end so quick as we had reservations for the private cinema at the hotel to watch Thor 3D. I know its a bit late but that is because we waited for this showing. It was fitted with leather seating complete with popcorn ready and waiting to enjoy the movie. I had the greatest time. Stuffed and very very happy. Thor was fantastic too!

Needless to say, my everdearest father still deserved a treat. He works so hard even though he's a retired man and his guidance & support is the source of my life; such a daddy's little girl. Treating him to a much needed spa day topped with a Senseful Creations card =)

SENSEFUL CREATIONS // Father's Day

Handmade card 'Shirt and Tie' inspired idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment