Monday 21 February 2011

Tea for two please...

A couple of friends of mine, Miss Valencia & Miss C. Reyes, as wonderful as they are, lured me to a great little place that fulfilled my sweet-tooth cravings I so regularly have.
 
"Bea's of Bloomsbury"
There are two branches around: one based in Bloomsbury and the other by St. Paul's. I had my first 'afternoon tea' experience at the St. Paul's one which is situated in the One New Change Shopping Centre. A couple minutes walk from the station and you arrive at this glassed venue; nothing out off the ordinary. Nevertheless, outlooks and expectations are lifted by the friendly staff around. The atmosphere seemed very much different from any other bakeries I have seen; great interior, floral chairs and wallpaper, even teapot-shaped lamp shades. The ambience was very fun and cheerful.

So, my boyfriend and I received a pot of tea of our choice (Earl Grey was mine - one of my many favourites); probably enough to pour out three cups full. Complimented together with a three tier plate tower filled with a selection of delicious treats. We got savoury baguettes, cupcakes, mini Valrhona brownies, mini Belgian Blondies, and marshmallows with coconut shavings.... plus, what I personally felt was their 'secret gem' - the scone (with clotted cream & jam). It was extremely delicious and it most certainly filled our appetites for the day.

Bea's is such a perfect little place especially to bring your friends, loved ones or perhaps somewhere when you need 'your own time'. Needless to say, we most definitely enjoyed ourselves. Thank you Hun for treating me there. One will return very soon - i'm already a fan =)

For more information or bookings, click below to visit their website 
 Ta-rah for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment