Thursday 13 December 2012

Day #13

"Learn about a different culture. Find out a few facts about Hanukkah"
This adventure so far has been a learning curve in itself but today's task invites us to seek out information about 'Hanukkah'. We've always known that it existed and perhaps the basis of their traditions but we're at that stage where we have an appetite for more.

Yesterday I noticed gifts being exchanged, cakes and chocolates being shared, prayers being said. Although I took pleasure in devouring some of these delicious treats, I didn't exactly know why. But I carried on anyway LOL.

Of course the internet is a great resource but I felt the need to take a step further and explore for this information elsewhere. First hand, dear colleague, brilliant! We sat, I listened... I learned about Hanukkah.

Learning something new always means a good day =)
 
 "Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow."- Anthony D'Angelo

Favourite FACT OF THE DAY:
During Hanukkah, they eat fried foods such as doughnuts and pancakes, as this celebrates the miracle of oil.

Right, you can tell I'm hungry. Food awaits. Toodles x 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment